My first sight of Valletta and its walled harbour took my breath away and closer discovery and subsequent visits to the main island and its 2 sister-isles of Gozo and Comino continued to bewitch, delight and seduce the senses.
- The Ggantija Temples – so enormous they could only have been built by giants.
- The Hypogeum of Hal Saflieri – the only known prehistoric underground temples in the world.
- The fabulously wealthy Knights of St John who built the capital, Valletta and its magnificent Co-Cathedral.
- Breathtaking Caravaggios.
- Three islands each with its own unique beauty.
- A countryside dotted with the oldest known human structures in the world.
- A Country awarded the St George Cross for bravery in WW2.
- 7,000 years of history.
- The Grand Harbour of Valletta.
- The Maltese language – the only Semitic language written in Latin alphabet.
- Mdina, the Silent City and original capital of Malta
The list could go on and on and include the wonderful food and its many cultural influences and its friendly English speaking locals.
Discover it for yourself. We’ll take you off the tourist trail and initiate you into the richness, variety and wonder that is the Maltese Islands.
Why not combine it with our exclusive small group tour to Sicily.