Big Yellow Suitcase takes you Beyond Sightseeing
Small group adventures for 6 to 12 guests inside some of the most beautiful and interesting places in the world.
Why travel with us?
- You are an astute and experienced traveller looking for more than just a ticking of boxes of ‘must see’ sights?
- You want to stay longer in each place, pack and move less often and enjoy a greater depth of experience?
Our destinations and itineraries are designed specifically with you in mind.
Like you, we know that seeing is not the same as understanding.
Being able to connect to the history, culture and community of diverse locations around the world is what can make travel such an amazing and worthwhile experience.
Travel with us and you will experience a place more intensely.
- visit local markets
- eat street food
- take a cookery class
- visit private homes and palaces
- understand the culture, its past and its present
- wander aimlessly
- gaze in wonder at archaeological and architectural marvels.
- spend a morning people watching
- pick a favourite coffee shop
- have a picnic in a park
- dine in fine restaurants
- visit vineyards and discover new wines
- take a course in painting, pottery or photography
- go bird watching
- ask a local for a favourite restaurant
and so very much more.
Our aim is not to see as much as possible but to experience as much as possible.
Our Local Guides
The local guides that accompany us are personally selected for their deep knowledge, passion and ability to bring to life the places we visit through the stories they tell and the historical facts they recount.
They will share with us the reality of daily life as well as the historical significance of the location, its architecture and the peoples who have inhabited the region.
We open doors to private homes and palaces that are otherwise inaccessible to tour groups and independent travellers. As a small group we’ll have the advantage of being able to jump queues and gain priority access to museums and archaeological sites.
We know the best places to eat and will make recommendations and bookings for you on those evenings when you’re free to explore at leisure.
The Advantages of Small Group Travel with BYS
Our days are relaxed, we’ll see amazing sights and learn fascinating facts; you’ll have a choice to stay with the group or explore on your own; travel will be stress-free; excellent food and wine is a given and good company will be there when you desire it. What will remain at the end of the tour will be a new appreciation of the places we’ve visited, new friends and many wonderful memories.
- Meet and greet on arrival at the designated airport and private transfers to the hotel.
- Travel in comfort in air-conditioned mid-size vehicles allowing access to areas not accessible by big tour coaches
- Stay longer in each place, less packing and moving
- Single travellers will enjoy the comfort of a double room provided for single occupancy
- 4 Star hotels of charm and character including small private and family owned hotels.
- Stay in ‘’Magical” towns in Mexico and UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Italy and Mexico.
Food & Wine
- Enjoy excellent food including authentic regional cuisine and local wines
- Wine/beer and soft drinks included in all group meals
- Cookery classes for fun and to learn new skills creating local regional dishes in a little kitchen in Mexico, a fabulous neo-classical palace in Lecce or on a nobleman’s ancient estate and vineyard in central Sicily
- Visit vineyards in Sicily and Puglia and discover new varietals
- Services of a dedicated guide for all excursions and walking tours.
- All- inclusive sight-seeing, excursions and admissions – no hidden cost
- Priority access to museums and archaeological sites.